Best places to visit in Jodhpur is a dream come true event for all the travel lovers from whole over the world. In the later part of the blog, we shall be offering you all the unique and special venues of the city that makes it to be one of the most and most popular tourist destination in India.
Apart, from being known prominent tourist destination as best place to stay in Jodhpur, the city also caters being lovely wedding destination in Jodhpur for couples from the entire world who wants to tie knot in royal style. So, let’s explore more about Jodhpur and enjoy reading.
Why to Explore Best Places to Visit in Jodhpur?
- There are several best places to visit in Jodhpur that largely attracts the visitors from entire world. Affectionately celebrated as the ‘Blue City’, Jodhpur remains the second-largest city in Rajasthan. It is named so because there many buildings that are painted in the city’s iconic blue color. Being the former capital of Marwar, it is regarded as one of the most appealing cities in the state.
- Best places to visit in Jodhpur is large incorporated with the interesting history of the city. Jodhpur is said to have a very fascinating history right from its name to the famous blue buildings, followed by various places of historic importance, market lobby and off course being blessed with venues popular for wedding destinations in Jodhpur.
- All these taken together make visitors to search best place to stay in Jodhpur and enjoy a diverse travel experience being in the city. Thus, if you are also planning to visit Jodhpur and enjoy your travel in 2021 then this blog is for you where you will get all the details that will make your visit to the city for comfortable, easy and memorable indeed.
So, while detailing Jodhpur famous places here in this blog on a pleasant note, we will delight you with the tales of these popular places that will make you rejoice you being the guest in Jodhpur.
Jodhpur Famous Places
Jodhpur famous places ranges from its mighty Mehrangarh Fort overlooking the city from the rock outcrop to dazzling bazars the marketing area is just exceptional to get explored. Moreover, many historic monuments with Blue Buildings all around in the city, Jodhpur is the city that will cater you with one of the most relaxing traveling destination for the visitors from every corner of the world.
Best places to visit in Jodhpur will be detailed below in the blog that will cater you every details of the place so that being in Jodhpur and thinking about where to go? May not be any subject to the travelers.
Our specially curated list will cover all of the best places to visit in Jodhpur that will let you to discover the city better even while you plan for short trip too.
So let’s get started to discern best places to visit in Jodhpur.
The fort is counted to be one the best places to visit in Jodhpur and among various attractive tourist places in the city. Majestic in every sense of the word, the fort has now been turned into a museum that reflects the rich cultural heritage of Jodhpur. It is at about 410 feet on a hilltop and offers a majestic view of the Blue city.
Among best places to visit in Jodhpur, the fort, it is located at the center of the city spreading over 5 km on top of a high hill. Its walls, which are up to 118 ft high and 69 ft wide, protect some of the most beautiful and historic places in Rajasthan. The ramparts of the fort house preserved old cannon and provided a breath-taking view of the city.
Interesting facts of this best places to visit in Jodhpur, Mehrangarh Fort.
- Best places to visit in Jodhpur is identified as one of the largest forts in the country. The fort turns into museum accommodates several brilliantly crafted and decorated palaces within its premises. These include, Moti Mahal (Pearl Palace), Phool Mahal (Flower Palace), Sheesha Mahal (Mirror Palace), Sileh Khana and Daulat Khana.
- Being one of the best place to stay in Jodhpur, the fort is a brilliant work of architecture gleaming with several design intricacies. Also, known as the museum houses it is a collection of royal cradles, miniatures, musical instruments, costumes, palanquins, howdahs and furniture.
- Entry to this best place to visit in Jodhpur, the fort is gained through a series of seven gates. The most famous of the gates are Jai Pol, Fateh Pol, Dedh Kamgra Pol, Loha Pol, which is the final gate into the main part of the fort complex.
Best places to visit in Jodhpur is widely remarked hilarious by Mehargard Fort as travelers from different corners of the world pay their visit to the fort and enjoy its royal elegance.
Umaid Bhawan Place
One of the best places to visit in Jodhpur as it is last constructed palaces in India. It is known for its design and architecture from the historic era, making it bag a place among the famous Jodhpur attractions. The palace is one of the world’s largest private residences.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Umaid Bhawan Place.
- Located within the city premises, the fort among best places to visit in Jodhpur was built with “dun-colored” (golden – yellow) sandstone with two wings. The palace takes you back to the princely era of Jodhpur with its spellbinding construction.
- Best place to visit in Jodhpur, the palace had 347 rooms, several courtyards, and a large banquet hall which could accommodate 300 people. The architectural style is considered as representing the then in vogue Beaux Arts style, also known as Indo-Deco style.
- Known to be best places to stay in Jodhpur, the palace is made of Makrana marble with Burmese teak wood used for the interior woodwork. It is divided into three areas, one of which is still owned by the royal family while the rest two are converted into a heritage hotel and museum, respectively.
- Recently, Umaid Bhawan Palace best place to visit in Jodhpur was awarded as the World’s best hotel at the Traveler’s Choice Award.
So, it turns evitable to wander this Jodhpur famous place when you plan to visit the city for amusing yourself.
Dressed as best place to visit in Jodhpur, Bisnoi village is a small village of Hindu religious sect found in the Western Thar Desert and northern states of India on the outskirts of the city. The villagers are not divided as a caste but a common sect and followed 29 principles given by Guru Jambeshwar.
Best place to stay in Jodhpur, the Bisnoi village aids visitors to experience the rich culture of the city and their dedication towards safeguarding Mother Nature. Besides, they can also have fun with camel treks, desert safari, cane spotting, and much more when in the village.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur,
- This best place to stay in Jodhpur is being founded by Shree Guru Jambeshwar the sect followed his teachings. It comprising 120 shabads, are known as Shabadwani.
- Among best places to visit in Jodhpur, the visitors get to meet Bishnoi peoples who strictly followed a set of 29 principles, the preaching of Guru Jambhoji who inspires his followers as well as the environmental protectors.
- Midst Jodhpur famous places, the village is loved for its rich culture values. Also, Bishnoi people are famous for their art and handicraft items, contributing to the increasing popularity of their village as one of the best places to visit when in Jodhpur.
The list of best places to visit in Jodhpur gets more interesting when you add Bisnoi Village to explore in the city. It will give different experience that for sure.
Recalled among best places to visit in Jodhpur, the Kaylana Lake is an artificial lake and serves to be the exceptional sight viewing. It is spread across an 82 km square stretch in the west of Jodhpur city while also making its way to Jaisalmer.
Besides that, is known to be best place to stay in Jodhpur as the site is famous among the travelers for trekking, hill climbing, camping and several religious sites in its proximity. That is why it is often included in the list of places to visit in Jodhpur for having memorable itinerary.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Kaylana Lake.
- The best place to stay in Jodhpur, the Kaylalna Lake was built by Pratap Singh in the year 1872. It was to serve as a source of drinking water for the locals of Jodhpur.
- Moreover, being best places to visit in Jodhpur, the lake is surrounded by lush greenery. Apart, it is home to several exotic bird species, making it a popular site for bird-watching among the travelers.
All the above aspects taken together make Kaylana Lake one of the Jodhpur famous places that offers a blissful experience to the travelers for lifelong indeed.
Popular among the best places to visit in Jodhpur for travelers, the Mandore garden is must to visit place in the city. The wonderful domes and structures constructed within the Mandore Garden premises serve as the biggest attraction for tourists in the city.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Mandore Garden
- Baptized as best places to visit in Jodhpur, the Mandore Garden has a history that will take you back to the 6th century.
- Besides its existence as a popular historic monument, this best place to stay in Jodhpur is known as a masterpiece of architecture in the city. So, travelers never miss to come to its premises and enjoy the royalty in the air.
- Furthermore, this best place to visit in Jodhpur houses a museum named ‘Hall of Heroes’. Also, there is a temple dedicated to 33 crore Hindu gods.
Hence, Mandore Garden qualifying to be on the list of Jodhpur famous places and asked to visit every time when you are in city for spending your quality time with your dear ones.
Machiya Safari Park
Next name in the list of best places to visit in Jodhpur, the Machiya Safari Park is located in proximity to the Kaylana Lake. It is a wonderful abode to explore for the travelers who are largely nature and animal admirers. The best part of the park is that the visitors can engage with these animals at the park.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Machiya Safari Park
- Best place to stay in Jodhpur, the Machiya Safari Park accommodates several species of wild animals. It widely includes blue bulls, desert fox, rabbits, cats, mongoose, deer and even monitor lizards spotted in their natural habitat.
- Additionally, the park being best places to visit in Jodhpur also consists of exclusive bird-watching points. They are ideal for people interested in spotting some rare bird species.
Hence, this Jodhpur famous place makes one of the best things to see in the city for visitors of all age-groups.
Get another attraction included in the list of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Ghanta Ghar is an essential landmark in the city. You can enjoy walking this tall colossal tower next to Sadar Bazar and choose to shop around for various items.
After shopping explore this Jodhpur famous place by trying famous delicacies, or discover the regular life of the people of Jodhpur. Besides, you can indulge in the beautiful lights of the tower when it is lit in the dark and get enthralled!
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Ghanta Ghar.
- Amidst best places to stay in Jodhpur, Ghanta Ghar has a history to get built by Maharaja Sardar Singh during his rule.
- Ghanta Ghar is one of the best places to visit in Jodhpur as it serves the travelers to view remarkable masterpiece of architecture of that time.
Ranisar Lake, tested and qualified as one of the best places to visit in Jodhpur is a small lake in the city. The lake is subjected to offer a picturesque view of the surrounding landscape accompanied by the scenic fort looming nearby. There hence, people from whole over the world widely visit the lake in Jodhpur to rejoice their being in the city.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Ranisar Lake
- The best places to visit in Jodhpur as Ranisar Lake was said to build around 500 years ago by Queen Jasmade Hadi. The lake is subjected to serve as a natural water conservation site.
- Moreover, the greatest part about this lake as best place to stay in Jodhpur is that it barely runs out of water in its parched landscape, qualifying as a permanent source of water.
- What more makes Ranisar Lake known as best places to visit in Jodhpur is most mesmerizing site to experience at the lake. It is the sunrise which happens from the back of Mehrangarh Fort and the sunset which takes place at the opposite mountain.
Trust us on this – the Ranisar Lake is quite among Jodhpur famous place and always remains the attraction in Jodhpur!
The list continues to be reveal best places to visit in Jodhpur with Jaswant Thanda. It is considered one of the most beautifully designed architectural landmarks of Jodhpur. The premises of the Jaswant Thada monuments counts to get a well-equipped tourist destination for every kind of the tourists coming to the city of the Jodhpur.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Jaswant Thada
- One of the best to place to stay in Jodhpur, Jaswant Thanda is located next to the Mehrangarh Fort, the place is known for being an artistic wonder in the city. Today, the site serves as a cremation ground for the royal Rajput families of Marwar.
- Best places to visit in Jodhpur counts Jaswant Thada to be one of the prominent venues for the visitors because of it is actually imbibed in architectural intricacies.
- Jaswant Thada being trusted as one of the best places to visit in Jodhpur is an array of whimsical domes sitting above a 1km small lake. It offers a picturesque view of the Mehrangarh Fort too.
That is why it is remarked to be a big hit among Jodhpur famous places that largely attracts tourists all and in!
Bal Samand Lake
Yet another best places to visit in Jodhpur the Bal Samand Lake is artificially constructed lake. The lake earlier was a big water reservoir and was believed to transformed into a lake by Balak Rao Parihar 1159 AD. Hence, it is one of the most visited and admired tourist venues in the city of Jodhpur.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Bal Samand Lake
- Besides being one of the best places to visit in Jodhpur it is known to serve as a source of water to the people of Mandore. Apart from this, the Bal Samand Lake is a popular picnic spot too that is often visited by both local and outside tourists.
- Equipped as best place to stay in Jodhpur with lush greenery, gardens and a royal pathway around the lake that adds to its charm, it is widely loved as famous spot in the city. Also, it lets the visitors to relax in the oasis of calm and quiet environment away from the city’s hustle and bustle.
Thus, the Bal Samand Lake has been among the best places to visit in Jodhpur ever since by each and every type of tourist folk that comes to the city.
Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park
Spread over 72 hectares of land, Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park serves as one of the best places to visit in Jodhpur. The park was created in 2006 with the intent to restore the natural ecology of a large and rocky wasteland next to the Mehrangarh Fort.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park
- Typed as best places to visit in Jodhpur the Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park is just fabulous to get visited. Inside the thriving park are an ecologically restored desert and arid land vegetation that showcase the region’s flora and fauna, adjoining the mighty fort of Jodhpur.
- Furthermore, this best place to stay in Jodhpur has the charming terrains that truly give landscape beauty to the place while luring the visitors.
Thus, visiting the Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park widely adds to its value as one of Jodhpur famous places.
Tijori Ka Jhalra
Toorji ka Jhalra is a famous as one of the best places to visit in Jodhpur because of the stepwell built by Maharaja Abhay Singh’s consort in the 1740s. The place successfully attracts the tourists to surely get visited to its premises and feel the magnificent theme of architecture in the city of Jodhpur.
Interesting facts of best places to visit in Jodhpur, Tijori Ka Jhalra
- The best place to stay in Jodhpur is sighted to be unique with the site that is well known for its fabulous architecture from ancient times. It also, serves as a celebration spot for women of Jodhpur during the famous Rajasthan religious festival of Gangaur pooja.
- Beyond its architecture and design, this among best places to visit in Jodhpur showcases a traditional system of water management in the city. Thus, counting to be another reason to visit this place and enthrall yourself deeply.
Your list of best places to visit in Jodhpur will be incomplete without adding Tijori Ka Jhalra, traditional symbol of Rajasthan. It’s all the unique, masterpiece, sculpture and carving stands for making it one of the best places to see in Jodhpur.
Promising you to cater the best places to visit in Jodhpur in this blog, it gets to meet its end while making you to gather all the reasons to visit Jodhpur, the Blue City of Rajasthan. So, enjoy being a part of it for at least few days only.