BMI Calculator is an effective mathematical formula to weigh the body according to his or her height. It helps you to have regular check over your weight and helps to have weight management. Thus, in nutshell you can balance your weight and avoid many health hazards that are caused from the risk of over weight of the body.
What is BMI?
BMI is abbreviated as Body Mass Index. Technically, it is said to be the measurement of a person’s weight with respect to his or her height. BMI, more often than not, correlates with total body fat. This means that as the BMI score increases, so does a person’s total body fat.
Thus, BMI calculator is more of a pointer than a direct measurement of a person’s total body fat.
Importance of BMI Calculator
BMI calculator is a very important tool as it is an indicator of total body fat in many individuals. Therefore, if you are health conscious and looking to have a fit lifestyle then BMI is unmatched calculator.
- BMI is considered as an indicator of several health risks and aids to overcome from them within time.
- The BMI tool used by healthcare professionals and even individual to screen for overweight and obese individuals.
- The BMI calculator is used to assess a person’s health risks associated with obesity and overweight.
- Body mass index calculator helps to control other health risks like blood pressure, cholesterol level, blood sugar level, family history of heart disease, age, gender, waist and circumference,
- BMI aids to level your physical activity, manage menopause status, and smoking status etc.
Formula of BMI Calculator
BMI formula = Weight (KG) ÷ Height² (Meter)
Formula of BMI calculator implies as – BMI = (Weight in kilograms) divided by (Height in metres squared)
With this body mass index calculator formula you can easily calculate the weight of the body with respect to the height of any person.
Example BMI Calculations
- Weight- 65 kg
- Heght- 173 cm (1.73 meter)
- BMI formula = Weight (KG) ÷ Height² (Meter)
- Calculation= 65 ÷ (1.73)2 = 21.7
How BMI Calculator Works?
- BMI calculator works very easily on the related mathematical formula. With the use of the formula BMI nearest weight of an individual can be calculated accurately. Weight of any person can also be estimated using tables in which one can match height in inches to weight in pounds to estimate BMI.
- A normal BMI score is one that falls between 18.5 and 24.9. This indicates that a person is within the normal weight range for his or her height. Apart from this if anyone does exceeds or remains below from the category mentioned in the chart then it simply means that he or she is either obese or underweight respectively.
Body Mass Index Category
A Body Mass Index calculator chart is used to categorize a person as underweight, normal, overweight, or obese. Therefore, below is the related category chart that will help you to understand BMI calculator more clearly.
|less than 18.5||Underweight|
|18.5 – 24.9||Normal or Healthy Weight|
|25 – 29.9||Overweight|
|30 – 34.9||Obesity (Class 1)|
|35 – 39.9||Obesity (Class 2)|
|40+||Extreme Obesity (Class 3)|
The above chart will let you to calculate your current BMI instantly. Moreover, you can not only check your fitness level but can plan your daily routine and work out accordingly. Thus, this is very easy way to always sound healthy and fit every time.
Points to Consider
BMI calculator is not applied for Pregnant Ladies.
Body Mass Index calculator is not applicable for heavy body builder.
Even Marathon Runners are set apart from BMI category.