Now-a- day’s depression is stated to be very common problem in almost all the age groups and around the globe. But do you really know about the common depression symptoms? This blog will help you to find out the warning signs of more serious depression problems so that you can prevent depression complications.
Below are the top ten depression symptoms you might have encountered or noticed in other peoples but did not calculated it to name as serious depression. So, let’s first begin with –
What is Depression Actually?
- Clinically Depression is a mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood. The patient is found loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life.
- The constant feeling of sadness or loss of interest characterizes major depression symptoms and can lead to a range of behavioral and physical symptoms. These may include changes in sleep, appetite, energy level, concentration, daily behavior or self-esteem.
- Above all depression can also be associated with thoughts of suicide as final stage of this dangerous condition of mind.
Causes of Depression
Years of research studies done by expertise of different institutions of the world believe that depression symptoms are due to a combination of things:
- Possible causes of depression include a combination of biological, psychological and social sources of distress.
- Increasingly, research suggests that these factors may cause changes in brain function, including altered activity of certain neural circuits in the brain.
- Also, other serious causes of depression can be Genetic, Childhood Problems and other conditions such as Addiction of Drugs, Alcohol and other such abuse.
What are the Depression Symptoms?
Though there are lot of signs of depression, but you may not have them all or may have after a period of time. Here are top ten depression symptoms listed after a deep studies.
Some of the ways you might feel are:
Anxious, Sad and Empty, or Anxious
The mentioned feelings are very common depression symptoms and will continue over time without getting better or going away.
Helpless, worthless, or guilty
Another deep sign of high functioning depression in an individual is they may feel bad about themselves or their life. Including lots of negative thought about losses or failures in the life.
Being pessimistic or believe that there is no positive aspect in the life may lead patient to have suicidal tendency as another harmful effects of depression.
Often during seasonal depression sufferers may get restless or more strange than usual.
Minus Concern in Activities
This one of the major depression symptoms as one loses interest in their favourite hobbies or games that was enjoyed earlier. Also, this further may lead to other problems such as little or no desire to eat or have sex.
Depression causes tiredness in body and your daily routine work get affected to this.
Problem in Concentration
Getting tough to focus, reading, watching TV, remembering details, and overwhelming to make a decision everyone are common but dangerous depression symptoms.
Way of Sleep Changes
Often as sign of seasonal depression lead the patients to wake up too early or have trouble falling asleep and even vice a versa can occur.
Change in Appetite
It widely happen to the people suffering from high functioning depression as they may overeat or not feel hungry. This often leads to obese or weight loss.
Aches and Pains
Depression causes aches and pain in body with other problems like headache, cramps, an upset stomach or digestive problems.
Treatment of Depression
Depression gets in the way of your daily life and makes it harder to do the things you love. You’ll need treatment to get better.
The mainstay of treatment of depression is usually medication, talk therapy or a combination of the two. Increasingly, research suggests that these treatments may normalise brain changes associated with depression.
Learn more about depression symptoms and its different types in our upcoming blog so know about the topic and talk openly with your doctor.